Monday, March 21, 2011

Solstice + One

Soltice + One

It is snowing out.

Again.

I could

just weep.

The little tit-mouse runs

up the jasmine bush


looking for a berry.


They are

all gone.


It has been

a very

long

winter.

         **


Spring fooled us.


She came along 


for three days


last week.


The ice melted.

Quickly.


The birds

began to chirp.


Wildly.


And everyone

seemed


brighter, lighter


when you met them


in the store,


or walking


down the street,


or talking


on the phone.

      **


The alpacas


rolled in the dust,


hidden so long.


They had

been longing


so long


to roll in

that dust.


The dust

that is gone.


Now it's mud.


Again.


I could

just weep.

   **


I must

take them water.


I must

take them warm water.


Warm from the tap.


Warm.

To take away

the chill


sudden return

of winter.


They line up

by the gate.


Drink

in long thirsty gulps.


I wonder.


Is it

the water


they crave


the warmth


they need


the hope

of a thaw?


Again.


I could

just weep.


It

has been

a very

long

winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment